Monday, November 11, 2013

Honey Butter Green Beans - Southern Thanksgiving Menu

Honey Butter Green Beans- Southern Thanksgiving Menu
For this dish, you can buy a bag of cut green beans or french green beans, or you can get fresh green beans. When I cook this during the year, I usually grab some frozen beans, but for Thanksgiving.... you guessed it. I don't have a garden, but I can buy fresh green in the produce department and that's what I do.

Bag of Fresh Green Beans. (Cut the ends off. You then can leave them long, or you can cut them smaller if you would like)
1 Cup of Water
4 tbsp of Butter
8 oz Bottle of Honey ( Use 4 oz to cook with, then dribble a little over beans after cooked and in dish)

Place all these ingredients in boiler and cook on medium until beans are soft.
Drain beans and place in serving dish. Dribble some extra honey on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment