Monday, November 11, 2013

Southern Cornbread Dressing - Southern Thanksgiving Menu

Southern Cornbread Dressing - Southern Thanksgiving Menu
Easy Peasy!

This was the dish that intimidated me the most. I was really scared to learn the recipes because I knew that I would never be able to do all the prep work like; Gardening, Brothing and such. Fortunately in my journey's, I have discovered an amazing find for Southern Cooks. Grocery Stores have all the ingredients you need. That's right! And you will see I take lots of shortcuts.

Half dozen Fresh Corn Muffins from Bakery at Grocery Store
Bag of Frozen Biscuits (Cooked the night before and left out overnight to harden)
Sleeve of Saltine Crackers
Stick of Butter
1 Large Onion Chopped
1 1/2 Cup of Celery Chopped
7 Cups Chicken Stock
Salt and Pepper
1/2 Tbsp of Sage
5 Eggs Beaten.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

In a large bowl, add crumbled corn bread, biscuits, and saltines; set aside.

Melt the butter skillet over medium heat.
Add the celery and onion and cook 5 to 10 minutes.
Pour over cornbread mixture. Add the stock, salt, pepper to taste, and sage. Add beaten eggs and mix well.

IMPORTANT: Reserve 2 heaping tablespoons of this mixture for the giblet gravy. Pour mixture into a greased pan and bake until dressing is cooked through, about 45 minutes. Serve with turkey as a side dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment